If you need to speak to someone right now, here are some confidential options which provide 24/7 support. If you're worried you might hurt yourself or someone else, please call 999, or go to your nearest A and E.
For people who are experiencing distress or despair.0808 808 8000
Helps anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night.0800 1111
· To support service users engage in community facilities such as leisure centre and library
· Facilitate services users in becoming independent
· To ensure health and safety is maintained at all times
· To support service user social interaction in the community
· Report back to Team Leaders on issues and updates
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Good organisational skills.
Knowledge of health and safety.
Interest in supporting those affected by severe mental illness.
Previous experience of Befriending or Mentoring.
Previous experience within the Voluntary sector, or previous knowledge of those affected by severe mental illness.
MindWise volunteers are encouraged to live the MindWise values when they are
carrying out a volunteer role, in all interactions with staff, service-users and other
volunteers. The MindWise values are;
· Passion - We are passionate about mental health and wellbeing
· Respect - We are respectful and value everyone
· Empathy - We are empathetic, we listen and support you when you need it
· Togetherness - We believe that working together is the best way to achieve our goals
All appropriate and agreed expenses will be covered as per MindWise expenses policy.
Enhanced Access NI checks will be carried out on all regulated positions and successfully returned prior to placement. To assist in the role volunteers will be expected to attend and fully engage in guidance and support meetings with an allocated volunteer supervisor and will have access to regular training.
Applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview with the volunteer manager and service manager and will be inducted via the Active 8 volunteer programme.
You can apply for this role online by clicking here for our Volunteer Application Form.