Service user survey results

"MindWise gives me time to talk" - service user survey Read More Donate

Between October and November, we asked all our service users for their feedback on how being part of MindWise was helping them in their recovery, and what we could do better.  177 people responded, and here's what they said.

Benefits of using a MindWise Service

  • 98% of respondents stated that they felt that they are benefiting from their MindWise service. The remaining respondents stated they were unsure if they were benefitting from the service.
  • The top five choices on what respondents felt was most important about attending their service were time to talk at 83% with staff support and having company joint second at 74%, emotional support was rated fourth at 70% with feeling safe and feeling understood joint fifth choices at 65%. 

Staff Support

  • 92% of respondents agreed that they felt that MindWise staff support them with the remaining 8% stating they supported them to some extent
  • 91% said they found staff approachable, with 7% said that staff were approachable, to some extent and 2% said staff could be more approachable
  • 93% indicated that they felt that staff treat them with dignity and respect, with the remaining 7% said to some extent
  • 91% confirmed that they have trust and confidence in staff, with a further 7% said to some extent, and 2% of respondents said no

Recovery

  • 96% of respondents said attending their service helped them with their recovery with 4% saying they were unsure.
  • 97% were fully satisfied or partially satisfied with the sessions/activities/outing provided.

The top five things that would make the most difference to people’s lives were:         

  • Greater public understanding/ reduction in stigma and discrimination
  • Greater access to talking therapies 
  • More information on mental health
  • More social contact
  • Partnership working

Participation and Engagement (SUPER)

  • 71% of respondents said they were involved in decision making at their service, with 20% saying they were not sure.
  • 68% said they were happy with the opportunities to get involved, with a further 27% said they were happy to some extent.

Family Involvement

  • 19% of respondents said they had family members involved in their support, and of those with no family involvement, 15% said they would like them to be involved.
  • 56% said more information for families about services and support in their local area would be beneficial 

The types of information that would help were rated as leaflets, information sessions, carers/family support groups and advocacy..

Volunteers

  • 91% of respondents said that volunteers were approachable
  • 93% said volunteers treated them with dignity and respect
  • 91% said they had trust and respect for the volunteers.
  • 89% felt that volunteers were actively involved in supporting them
  • 90% said that volunteers had sufficient time to carry out their role.
  • 90% said volunteers provided valuable activities in the services

Suggestions for volunteer roles that people would find helpful included befriending, help with client information days, arts and crafts, gardening, music lessons, educational roles such as learning healthy eating and cooking, first aid classes, confidence building, and martial arts as well as exercise, drivers and support for outings.

 

 

 

This web site would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set.

To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

continue

EU Cookie Directive Module Information